The National Fire Protection Association is in the process of developing the 2013 edition of NFPA 1600 "Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs." Originally published in 1995, development of the 2013 edition (its 6th edition) is well underway.
The technical committee encourages emergency management and business continuity professionals to review the 2010 edition of NFPA 1600 http://www.nfpa.org/assets/files//PDF/NFPA16002010.pdf and submit suggested additions or revisions online via NFPA's Online Submission System http://submissions.nfpa.org/onlinesub/onsubmain.php, or you can download and complete a Document Proposal Form http://www.nfpa.org/assets/files/PDF/CodesStandards/NFPAProposalForm.doc (Microsoft Word format). Instructions for submitting the form via mail, fax, or email are included at the bottom of the form.
The deadline for submissions is May 23, 2011.
The NFPA 1600 technical committee will meet over the summer to review all submissions and issue a first draft of the 2013 edition. Committee action on your suggestions will be published for public review.
Following publication of the first draft, there will be a second opportunity to submit commits before the 2013 edition is published around the end of 2012.
- NFPA 1600 Document Information Page http://www.nfpa.org/1600
- NFPA's Online Submission System http://submissions.nfpa.org/onlinesub/onsubmain.php
- NFPA's Document Proposal Form http://www.nfpa.org/assets/files/PDF/CodesStandards/NFPAProposalForm.doc (Microsoft Word format)
- NFPA 1600 Resource page http://www.preparednessllc.com/resources/nfpa_1600.html hosted by NFPA 1600 Chair, Don Schmidt, on PreparednessLLC.com.
- If you have questions, please contact Mr. Orlando Hernandez, NFPA's
staff liaison to the NFPA 1600 technical committee. He can be reached at
(617) 984-7482 or email@example.com