Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Opuscula

Arrogance of CVS,
Humana Medicare
Leaves user in bind

WHAT’S MY PROBLEM?

Companies, specifically CVS and Humana, that encourage people to visit their web sites and then, block the sites to anyone outside the U.S.

 

HUMANA’s Medicare Advantage Plan may be, as my former PCP declared, the “800 pound gorilla” where I used to live.

I would not recommend ANY Humana plan, Medicare or otherwise, to anyone.

Humana

Humana’s Medicare Advantage CMS-approved, cast into concrete Evidence of Coverage states that if an insured is outside the plan’s coverage area and needs medical attention, the insured will get it and submit the bill to Humana that may, or may not, pay it in whole or in part. Weasel words abound.

In order to submit the bill to Humana, the insured needs to access Humana’s web site to download a form.

The website is blocked to all IP addresses originating outside the U.S. (and maybe Canada).

I tried several times, failing each time, to access Humana’s site from Israel, where I currently am visiting my grandchildren.

I am currently a Humana Advantage customer. I am up-to-date with my Medicare payments (in other words, Medicare is funding Humana). I am not getting the service for which I, via Medicare, am paying.

Humana reminds me of the Arpege commercial c1987: “Promise her anything, but give her Arpege.”

Humana sales people will promise prospective clients anything, but there is no Arpege (product).

CVS

I have a CVS sphygmomanometer.

It was made in China, but somehow it still works several years later. It does not get a lot of use.

If I correctly recall, it came with a user guide that, over the years “disappeared.”

Not a problem.

I will go the the CVS site and see if here is a downloadable document. I want to see if a result can be recalled once it times out.

What I read when I went to the CVS web site (https://www.cvs.com/international.html) is shown below. I know I could call the CVS 800 number, but I have a real problem with garbage-on-hold (advertisements, bad music often too loud, etc.)

Customer mistreatment

I am unaccustomed to being told that because I am temporarily outside of the Several States I no longer am considered worthy of basic customer support.

I‘m certain both the Powers That Be at Humana and CVS feel they can justify their cavalier attitude.

I confess, it made an impression on me.

Back in the States, I will take my business to any CVS competitor and, come December, give my Medicare Advantage business to a company that not only WANTS my business (and the Medicare windfall that goes with it) but is willing to provide access to its services via the Internet regardless of where I may be sitting.


PLAGIARISM is the act of appropriating the literary composition of another, or parts or passages of his writings, or the ideas or language of the same, and passing them off as the product of one’s own mind.

Truth is an absolute defense to defamation. Defamation is a false statement of fact. If the statement was accurate, then by definition it wasn’t defamatory.

Web sites (URLs) beginning https://tinyurl.com/ are generated by the free Tiny URL utility and reduce lengthy URLs to manageable size.

 

Comment on Vendor arrogance

No comments: