Friday, May 28, 2010

Who visits?

 

It's always interesting to see who visits my Web site and who makes return visits.

Apparently one of my biggest recent fans is the United States Army Information Systems Command in Snellville GA.

In one day, someone at USAISC downloaded 30 articles from JohnGlennMBCI.com.

Someone connecting through Wildblue Communications in Bostic NC managed to download fine articles over two days - the Army did it all in one day.

Someone at Transact in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory likes the site well enough to visit day after day after day . . . but unlike the Army and Wildblue, they are just readers, not downloaders. Since there is no "Referring Link" the suggestion is that the page is bookmarked or someone's "favorite."

Sotribe of Dallas is another regular visitor, dropping by every week or two. How long has this been going on? I can't tell. I regularly purge my StatCounter logs.

There was a time I tracked - and posted - all the obvious hits for John Glenn, business continuity practitioner (vs. hits where the search most likely was for John Glenn, Marine/Astronaut/Senator/Presidential Candidate). But the list got so long that it was cumbersome to maintain it.

You might call it vanity, my StatCounter counter. I prefer to think of it as an ex-journalist's curiosity.

John Glenn, MBCI
Enterprise Risk Management practitionerJohnGlennMBCI at gmail dot com

No comments: