Monday, May 5, 2014

Opuscula

Bring back auto
Inspections

 

I was driving around today, running self-imposed errands. For kicks, I keep an inexpensive digi-cam in the car (mostly to photograph loose animals in the complex).

Today, I was shooting vehicles with brake lights that don't illuminate.

My son the cop tells me as long as a vehicle has two (2) working brake lights, no warning citations will be issued.

All the vehicles below had two lamps that lit when the brake pedal was pressed.

Interestingly, none of the vehicles was a "clunker." One appeared to be a fairly new Mercedes sedan.

When I was younger, many states had mandatory vehicle inspections. They were a pain in the posterior and in some states the way the process was performed led to criminal behavior on the part of inspectors and garages.

We also had random stops. These backed up traffic and made some drivers unhappy, especially those sans air conditioning in summer in a warm state.

For the record, I DO check tail lights and brake lights on a daily basis; I back into the driveway and the lights reflect off the kitchen windows.

>All photos were made on 5 May 2014 in Broward County Florida


New Mercedes C230 Sedan


Ford Edge


Chevy Trail Blazer


Toyota Tacoma


Chevy Express

No comments: