Friday, April 15, 2016

Opuscula

Kid walks in 90o
Heat wearing a Hoodie
What's a person to think?

 

TODAY IN SOUTH FLORIDA the temperature crept close to 90 degrees Fahrenheit (32 degrees Celsius or, for the scientists, 305.37222 degrees Kelvin). (Conversion compliments of http://www.allmeasures.com)

I understand why a person covers his head and neck from the noonday sun, guys who do yard work often look like members of the French Foreign Legion, but a hoodie, a hooded sweater that traps the wearer's body heat and adds it to the ambient temperature?

EVERYTIME I SEE A KID in a hoodie I think of the hoodie-wearing thieves that break into stores, often armed, and often threatening the lives of anyone inside when they raid the place.

Maybe the hoodie-wearing kid walking down the street on a hot day is a good kid; maybe an "A" student (so why isn't he in school with the books?).

Maybe he is trying to hide a sound device so it won't be stolen by others a la Trayvon Martin who was killed by George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, near Sanford FL.

Maybe the kid I saw today is trying to make a statement. I'm not sure what statement he was trying to make - perhaps, with the robbers in mind - the statement is made to intimidate others.

Whatever the case, when I see someone wearing a hoodie when the temperature is above 78o and the breeze is nil, I start to wonder: What's this person planning?

Since from the back I can't tell the wearer's race, at least I cannot be accused of racism. Based on the montage below, hoodie-wearing criminals come in all colors and sizes.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Or maybe not.

See I'm Crossing the Street with NO Apologies to Trayvon Martin's Family for a short list of some crimes by hoodie wearers.

AND THEN there is the Bank Robber Hoodie that, according to the ad, this jacket is "fitted with corset seams and strategically placed insets, the zipper can zip up as far as the eyes." Hard to believe.


No comments: