Trump DOES plan to eliminate Obamacare, BUT he promises to replace it with a better program. He said that over and over again during the campaign, but the liberal media ignored the part where a replacement was promised.
Eyes that do not see; ears that do not hear.
The liberals — including the media — are up in arms because Trump wants to appoint a person with business ties to Russia and a proven cordial relationship with Russia’s leader, Putin.
Obama spent time antagonizing the Bear, a Bear with visions of regaining its stature as a world power.
According to the Nuclear Threat Institute:
- International statesmen Des Browne, Wolfgang Ischinger, Igor Ivanov, and Sam Nunn call on Western and Russian leaders to reduce the risk of a dangerous military confrontation by adopting measures outlined in a new report by NTI. "During the past several years, we have been in a state of escalating tension, trapped in a downward spiral of antagonism and distrust. Unless Western and Russian leaders take immediate steps to improve transparency and enhance predictability, they may inadvertently risk a deadly confrontation," write the four leaders. The report, by NTI's Robert E. Berls, Jr. and Leon Ratz, is based on a survey of leading security experts from the United States, Russia, and Europe.
Meanwhile, NTI also reports that
- "In 2016, North Korea's nuclear weapons program shifted in an important way, from developing a nuclear capability in the abstract to deploying a nuclear-armed force of ballistic missiles. A new 3D model of North Korea's nuclear test site suggests many more may be on the way. Jeffrey Lewis and Nathaniel Taylor explore the progress made by and implications of North Korea's nuclear program. The model includes a virtual reality walkthrough of the site!"
The U.S. – Israel relationship is just grand according to the White House web site,
- Under President Obama’s leadership, American engagement with Israel has grown and strengthened to an unprecedented degree.
There are those who might disagree, including some U.S. media.
The Washington Times,
- President Obama is determined to leave American relations with Israel, the nation’s only reliable ally in the Middle East, in ruins as part of his legacy. He doesn’t seem to understand that a president doesn’t design his legacy. Reality takes care of that, and the legacy he will leave is well established already.
Then there was — continues to be — the “Arab Spring.”
Under as Huffington Post headline reading Barack Obama Reminds GOP Critics He Didn’t Start The Arab Spring wrote that
- President Barack Obama tackled a favored GOP criticism about his foreign policy Friday, rejecting Republican presidential candidates’ claims that he threatened American security by deliberately promoting regime change in the Middle East.
“We didn’t trigger the Arab Spring,” Obama said in a press conference, defending his policy in Egypt, Libya and Syria during the regional pro-democracy uprising that began in 2010.
However, the Foreign Policy.com site reports that in
- a major speech on May 19, 2011, during the heady early months of the Arab Spring, the president argued that concentrating mainly on longstanding U.S. security interests was no longer enough. Obama declared that encouraging transitions to democracy was now a "top U.S. priority that must be translated into concrete actions and supported by all of the diplomatic, economic, and strategic tools at our disposal."
The Atlantic under the headline Islamism, the Arab Spring, and the Failure of America’s Do-Nothing Policy in the Middle East by Shadi Hamid, a contributing writer for The Atlantic, and a senior fellow at the Project on U.S. Relations with the Islamic World at the Brookings Institution's Center for Middle East Policy, details how America's often lack of action gave Islamists confidence to overthrow less radical governments.
It may take Trump more than four years to “Make America great again,” but at least — despite the liberals — some progress can be made in that direction.